Suspects identified in Burlington assault at convenience store | News
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police said they have identified two men accused of beating a store clerk Friday night in Burlington.
Darius Marquis Madkins, 23, of Trail One in Burlington, and Markale Deonte Madkins, 21, of Wanda Drive in Greensboro, allegedly entered Joe Shopwell Mini Mart at 1204 Apple St. around 10:40 p.m. and tried stealing items.
Police said the clerk tied to stop one of the suspects and was beaten with a stick multiple times by both men.
Police said the suspects took off as passengers in a grey Jeep or SUV with four doors driven by an unknown male. Officials said the victim sustained minor injuries to his face and legs.
Warrants were obtained on both suspects for assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and misdemeanor larceny.
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information can call the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500, Burlington/Alamance Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100, or the Connecting Burlington Communities tip line at 336-222-5024.
Top Alamance County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Concealed carry permit applications increase in Guilford County
- Guilford Co. Schools named 2013 National District of Character
- Susie’s Fund event to raise money for Guilford County Animal Shelter
- Guilford County Schools raising school lunch price by five cents
- Crews respond to car that crashed into creek in Oak Ridge